Our website located at https://www.ctclouds.com/ (“Website”) is owned and operated by China Telecom Global Limited and its affiliates or agents (collectively referred to as “CTG”, “we”, “our” or “us”). This Statement explains our policies and practices with respect to personal data in operating the Website.
1. Information collection
(a) Information you give us: We may collect certain information about you (such as your name, mobile phone number and e-mail address) when you use this Website or our services, attend our functions, or otherwise in your interaction and communications with us so as to provide activation of cloud services as well as after sales services.
(b) Information we collect about you:
1. With regard to each of your visits to this Website, we may automatically collect the following information for troubleshooting purposes:
2. We collect basic information and maintain a database about Hong Kong and overseas companies, such as company name, industry and designated contact information so as to provide activation of cloud services as well as after sales services.
3. We also collect information of your spending records on our Website such as transaction records, payment records, outstanding payments and changes to balance in accounts so that we may provide order management services such as ordering, renewal fees and upgrade services.
(c) Together the information you give us as described above in paragraph 1(a) and any personal data we collect about you as described above in paragraph 1(b), are hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”.
(d) You can choose not to give or make your Personal Information available to us. However, if you do not provide your Personal Information, or allow us to collect it, we may be unable to provide you with certain information or services or you may be unable to access certain parts of this Website.
(e) We only retain Personal Information for so long as it is necessary for the purposes set out below.
2. Use of Personal Information
The purposes for which your Personal Information may be used by us in and outside Hong Kong include:
- our operations, e.g., incorporation into our database, analysis, research, troubleshooting, testing, auditing, statistical and survey purposes;
- distribution of CTG publications and research materials relating to our services and products (and those of our business partners who operate in the telecommunications sector);
- improving this Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, and to keep this Website safe and secure;
- complying with laws in or outside Hong Kong including complying with any guidelines, directives or orders given or issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other government authorities, or self- regulatory or industry bodies in or outside Hong Kong;
- legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts; and
- direct marketing purposes as set out below.
3. Use of Personal Information for Direct Marketing
We may use your Personal Information to conduct direct marketing activities and provide you with marketing materials relating to our (or our affiliates, subsidiaries and/or representatives’) telecommunications products and services via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication. We will not use or provide your Personal Information to any third party for direct marketing purposes without your consent.
4. Sharing and transfer of your Personal Information
We will keep your Personal Information confidential but in accordance with the abovementioned purposes, we may use it in the following circumstances:
- our affiliates, subsidiaries and/or representative offices in Hong Kong China，China mainland, Australia, Indonesia, India, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Kazakhstan, the United States of America and Europe, which include, but are not limited to, China Telecom Corporation, China Telecom (Europe) Limited and China Telecom (Americas) Corporation;
- organisations or persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws or as requested by administrative or judicial bodies;
- share with third party business partners based on legal, justifiable and necessary principles for specific and clear purposes; and
- provide to other organizations or individuals with your express consent.
(a) Your visit to this Website may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the Website and general usage patterns. Some of this information will be gathered through the use of "cookies". Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on a person's web browser in their computer that can be retrieved by this Website. Cookies can make a website more useful by storing information about your preferences on particular sites, enabling website owners to provide more useful features for their users.
(b) The information collected by "cookies" is anonymous aggregated research data, and contain no name or address information or any information that will enable anyone to contact you via telephone, e-mail or any other means.
(c) Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you would prefer, you can set your browser to disable cookies or inform you when they are set. Cookies are necessary for some features of this Website to work, e.g., to maintain continuity during a session. If you do not accept Cookies, those features may not work properly.
(d) We engage an email delivery company to send emails that you have agreed to receive. Pixels tags and cookies are used in those emails and on our Website to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our web site.
We implement computer, physical and procedural safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal data we collect. Personal Information stored electronically is password-protected and we use encryption technology on our Website. Our computer systems are placed in restricted areas. We only permit authorized employees and agents to access personal data.
But we hope you will understand that in the internet environment and because of technical constraints and various malicious means that may exist, we cannot always guarantee the security of personal information even if we use our best endeavours to strengthen the security measures. In the unfortunate event of such security incidents as information leakage, we will immediately start the contingency plan and take remedial measures to prevent the incident from aggravating. And we will inform you by various means such as sending notifications and announcements.
Notwithstanding the above security measures, please use complex passwords to help us keep your account safe. Please properly safekeep your account, password and other information to avoid your personal information from being disclosed. If you discover that your account number, password or other information is illegally used by others or there is abnormal use, you should promptly notify us, and we will take appropriate security measures.
7. Links to third party websites
Hyperlinks to other websites are provided for your convenience only. Our privacy policies do not apply to other websites that are not controlled by us. Please refer to the privacy policies of such other websites.
8. Changes to this Statement
We may update this Statement from time to time. When we do, the changes will be posted on https://www.ctclouds.com/.
9. Data transfers
We will store your data on our servers in Hong Kong China. However, your data may be transferred pursuant to paragraph 4 above.
If there is any conflict between the Chinese and English versions of this Statement, the English version prevails in the event of such conflict.
11. Your consent and rights
(a) You have the right to:
- check with us whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data;
- require us to correct inaccurate data;
- require to revoke your authorized consent; and
- require us to cancel your account; and
- know about our policies and practices relating to personal data and the types of personal data held by us.
(b) By using or visiting our Website or any of our products and services, you consent to our collection and use of your Personal Information and other activities as outlined in this Statement. If you:
- do not consent to the use of your Personal Information as outlined in this Statement;
- do not consent to the use of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes as set out in paragraph 3 above; and/or
- would like to request access to or correct your data, to revoke your authorization or cancel your account, to send any questions or complaints, please contact us at:
Contact: Cloud Operations Center
Address: China Telecom Global Limited, Binhai Data Centre, Yuexing 2nd Road, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, P.R. China
Tel: 852-3100 0000 or E-mail: email@example.com
We may charge a reasonable fee for processing a data access request.