(1) Prepayment method: The user needs to log in to the e Cloud User Center to recharge, and the system will deduct the amount in the user's cloud account according to the actual resources purchased by the user.
(2) Billing cycle: Billing cycle: billing on a monthly basis, with natural months as the billing unit.
2. Charge Items
(1) Cloud host charges: CPU，memory:
(2) Cloud disk charges: storage capacity, storage type
(3) Public network bandwidth charge items: bandwidth size
3. Upgrade rules
If the cloud host upgrade time is less than a full month, the configuration after the upgrade will be charged according to the actual number of days in the month.
4. Renewal rules
Renew the cloud host, and the renewal fee will be renewed monthly according to the original subscription model.
5. Unsubscribe rules
1) Cloud hosting after upgrade or renewal does not support unsubscription operation.
(2) Cloud hosts that have already enjoyed preferential annual subscriptions do not support any form of unsubscription operation.
(3) From the day of ordering, you can apply for unsubscription without reason within 7 days, and unsubscribe operation is not supported after 7 days.
(4) If you unsubscribe from the cloud host, if the month is less than the entire month, you will be charged based on the actual number of days in the month.
(5) After the cloud host is unsubscribed, the cloud host will enter a 15-day retention period. After the retention period expires, the cloud host resources will be deleted.
(6) After the cloud host is successfully unsubscribed, only the cash payment amount will be refunded, and the voucher payment part will not be refunded.
6. Reminder/notification rules
(1) Expiration notice: Email notification 7 days and 3 days before service expiration, email notification and SMS reminder 1 day before expiration, the same day.
(2) Overdue notification: 1 day email notification for service overdue, 3 or 7 days email notification and SMS reminder.
On-demand billing model:
(1) payment after Pre-deposited method: recharge cash in advance to the e Cloud account, the account balance should be no less than 100 yuan, and afterwards the system will charge according to the user's actual usage.
(2) Billing cycle: billed by the hour, with natural hours as the billing unit (all subject to Beijing time), less than one hour is billed as one hour. Fees are deducted from the cash balance in the user's account. It is recommended to open service on the exact hour because less than one hour opening is charged as one hour.
For example: if you started the service at 1:01, then it will be counted as one natural hour at 2 o'clock; if the service started at 1:58, it is still counted as a natural hour at 2 o'clock. To avoid your loss, it is recommended that you activate within the few minutes after the exact hour and delete the service within a few minutes before the exact hour.
(1) Cloud host charges: CPU, memory
(2) Cloud hard disk charges: storage capacity, storage type
(3)Public network bandwidth charge items: bandwidth size
3. Upgrading/downgrading rules
Configuration less than one hour after the upgrade is billed as one hour. It is recommended to upgrade/downgrade at the exact hour.
For example: an upgrade at 1:01 will be treated as a natural hour by 2 o'clock and charged for 1 hour. The same rule applies to an upgrade at 1:58.
Thus to avoid time loss, it is recommended that you upgrade within a few minutes after the hour starts.
4. Shutdown rules
During the cloud host activation period, if the user actively performs the shutdown operation, the CPU and memory fees will not be charged when the cloud host is shut down, and other related resources will continue to be billed.
5. Delete rules
(1) If you delete a cloud host, you will be billed as one hour for less than one hour.
(2) When the cloud host is deleted, the cost of the cloud host's CPU and memory will stop billing, and other related resources will continue to be billed.
(3) After the cloud host is deleted, the data will not be retained and the resources will be released immediately.
6. Account arrears
If the user account has arrears, once the account is recharged, the system will automatically deduct the arrears amount.
7. Reminder/Notification Rules
(1)Custom account balance reminder: The user can customize the account reminder balance. When the account amount is less than the user-defined balance, the user will receive a reminder that the account amount is lower than the set value.
(2) Account arrears notification: When the user is in arrears, the system will send a reminder of arrears to the user, and send a reminder of arrears on the second, fourth, and sixth days of the arrears.
(3) Resource recovery notification: The system will send the user a notification of cloud host expiration and resource deletion and recovery once.
(4) Reminder and notification method: inform users by email and short message, please pay attention to your short message and email in time.